15 Jul The 20-minute Chicken Rice Dinner
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Canola Oil
- 4 (about 1 lb/500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 can (284 ml) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) paprika (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh (cut up, cooked) or frozen vegetable mixture, thawed (e.g. peas, corn, carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) dry instant rice
- Brown chicken in heated oil at medium-high heat in large skillet, stirring often.
- Combine soup, water, and paprika in skillet. Stir in vegetables. Heat to a boil, stirring often.
- Stir in rice and chicken. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender – about 5 minutes.